This CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides an awareness of key health and safety issues, and the part that workers should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm at work.
Who is this course for?
- Employees of all levels that need an awareness of health and safety
- New workers required to take health and safety induction training at the start of a new job
- As part of a work experience programme
This course will give you a basic background and understanding of general health and safety practices and the control measures required to reduce risks in the work place.
- Introduction to Health & Safety, law and responsibilities
- Risk assessment, hazard identification & control
- Common workplace hazards such as working at height, noise, vibration, electricity, fire, equipment
- Emergency procedures and reporting
Duration: Half Day
Qualification: CIEH Level 1 Introductory Occupational Health and Safety
- Ideal induction to a job
- Provides basic knowledge of what is required to support a safe working environment
- Develop knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Learn about the importance of health and safety,
- Identify typical workplace hazards and conditions that can affect you at work.
Candidates completing this course can progress to Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety