Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Duration: Half Day
Overview: To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
Location: Client site/workshop
Who should attend
Anyone who has to carry out Manual Handling activities
- Manual handling knowledge assessment
- Definition of manual handling
- Accident statistics.
- The functions of the spine and muscular system.
- Types of injuries
- Lifting principles
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Hazard identification & Risk Assessment
- Correct handling techniques.
- Practical exercises and tuition.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define manual handling
- Explain how manual handling can cause injuries
- Understand good handling technique
- State the principles for controlling manual handling risk & apply these to a practical situation
- Carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner.
Delegates attending this course should be 18+ and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
Upon successful completion of the course each delegate will receive a manual handling training certificate.